Zucchini Corn Bread
—Mrs. Troy Hawkins, Stone Mountain, Georgia
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the zucchini, cottage cheese and
- butter. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into zucchini mixture just
- until combined. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 195 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.