- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the zucchini, corn and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, saute the bread crumbs, garlic and oregano in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Corn Bake(2)
Sort By :
I made this today to take over to my parents for a cook out. We all thought it was really good! I liked how quickly it came together and how rich it tasted, even though it was light. I will definitely make this again! Next time I may add some chopped red bell pepper to it, although I think you could add just about any veggies to it with great results!
This is delicious. I've made it with plain bread crumbs and Italian crumbs and both are great. I recommend it!
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >