“I found the original version of this recipe in a magazine and decided to lighten it,” says Diane Conser of Lakewood, New Jersey. “It’s delicious!”
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the zucchini, corn and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, saute the bread crumbs, garlic and oregano in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Corn Bake in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p45
Reviews for Zucchini Corn Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review