Zucchini con Carne Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, undrained
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Warmed flour tortillas, optional
- Toss beef with flour until coated. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef in oil.
- Add water, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add zucchini, corn, onion and chilies; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Zucchini con Carne
Sort By :
Pretty good recipe, although there was not enough liquid in it to get it to boil...I ended up adding another cup of water to provide more liquid. The flavor was pretty good, albeit a little spicy. A great way to prepare zucchini!