Zucchini con Carne Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, undrained
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Warmed flour tortillas, optional
- 1. Toss beef with flour until coated. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef in oil.
- 2. Add water, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add zucchini, corn, onion and chilies; bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with tortillas if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 196 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.