Zucchini Chutney Recipe
- 2 pounds small zucchini
- 1 tart apple, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Peel zucchini and discard any large seeds; chop into small pieces (about 5 cups). Finely chop apple, onion and green pepper; place in a Dutch oven along with zucchini and remaining ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat until thick, about 45-55 minutes, stirring often. Cool. Ladle into jars; cover and refrigerate. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 112 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Zucchini Chutney
"Everyone raves about this! I have already made it twice and plan to keep it going. It's a great idea for extra zucchini if you don't want a bunch of zucchini bread!"
"Very easy & can be frozen.Comes out good right of the frzzer or reheated;good luck."
"My garden is bursting at the seams with zucchini. I'm on the search for zuke recipes too. I've canned about 52 pints of zucchini relish and I've baked zucchini breads as well. I found this recipe and I want to know if this can be canned? Need a quick reply, as I'll be canning or baking zukes this week. Thanks for any help.AutumnJewel"
"I can't wait to try this i am bustin' at the seems with zucchini. Can this recipe be canned for longer storage?"