- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"I love these muffins. I've made them for friends and family and shared them at work. My teammate requested that I bring them again. I won a champion ribbon when I entered them at our community fair two years ago."
"Y U M M Y !! This recipe is a keeper. I'm not a great cook, okay ... I'm not even a good cook :P So I've searched high and low for muffin and bread recipes that will help me fake it. I made muffins and then bread from the same recipe and my family devoured them. I made slight changes by adding an entire shredded zucchini and I still couldn't taste the zucchini. Not that I mind the taste but I love making yummy treats that my son will eat but doesn't know he's eating veggies :D Also, I added carob chips replacing the chocolate since I'm allergic to milk. They were fantastic! I'll be making more over the holidays to give as gifts :)"
"This was a good, easy recipe. They were light and moist. I'll definitely make these again."
"I've made these muffins twice this weekend! We omit the nuts and double the choc chips and the result is yummy!"
"I make this recipe every summer when I have lots of zucchini. It turns out good every time."