- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini-Chocolate Chip Muffins
"These are amazing and wonderful. I used applesauce instead of oil and added some Chia seeds and flaxseed, going to make some with raisins next time and see how that is! Thank you so much for the recipe!!"
"These are good, but I enjoy zucchini bread better."
"Was not sure my children would like this but they ate them up!!"
"These muffins are delicious! Moist and soft with just the right amount of sweetness from the chocolate chips. The cinnamon tastes wonderful with the chocolate chips and the toasted flavour of the walnuts really take it over the top! Wonderful snack or breakfast treat anytime but especially late summer/early fall. Great way to use up excess zucchini from the garden!"
"I added extra zucchini (1 1/2 cups as one rave reviewer did) and the texture was a bit weird. The taste was yummy, though. I will try it again and only use 1 cup of zucchini."