Zucchini Chocolate Cake Recipe
Using a food processor to shred zucchini, I bake up this lightly sweet cake often. There's just the right amount of chocolate in every bite.—Leon Kingsley, Marshfield, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in zucchini. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 333 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC