- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and
- soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well
- after each addition. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and orange peel.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 282 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.