- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in zucchini. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"Can't wait to try"
"Great for using up frozen grated zucchini not used for hubby's hunting muffins. This cake is SO moist it sticks to the roof of my mouth but who cares. I didn't frost mine. Didn't need it. Would recommend it and will be making it again."
"This was a nice, moist cake and a great way to use up zucchini. Thanks!"
"Surprisingly good! I forgot to peel the zucchini, but it didn't affect the flavour and texture. I only gave it 4 stars because it could be more chocolatey :)"
"The best chocolate zucchini cake recipe I've found."