- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oil and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forZucchini Chip Snack Cake
"Really good. The chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness. I add walnuts too."
"So good and moist, loved the chips on the tops. Even my picky eater son in law, liked the snack cake!"
"SO yummy! I substituted the oil with natural applesauce & decreased the sugar to 1 1/2 c. It was very moist! I added chopped pecans & coconut to the chocolate chips on top."
"I put chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting on it and every one eats it alive!!"
"Mmmmm....my favorite way to use excess zucchini!!! :)"
"I make this recipe all the time. My coworkers love it too."
"I make this a few times every year during zucchini season. It always gets compliments and recipe requests."