Here's a mouthwatering dessert that is so rich, it doesn't need frosting. The shredded zucchini makes it especially moist. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this cake makes an unbeatable finale for any occasion.—Mared Metzger Beling, Eagle River, Alaska
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oil and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Chip Snack Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p35
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review