Zucchini Chip Loaves Recipe
This bread has won many ribbons at our fall fair. The recipe yields two nicely spiced loaves—one for eating and one for sharing. I like to make it for family and friends. —Chantelle Ross, Forest Grove, British Columbia
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and raisins if desired.
Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Loaves
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC