Zucchini Chip Loaves
“This bread has won many ribbons at our fall fair,” writes Chantelle Ross, a busy mother of four from Forest Grove, British Columbia. The recipe yields two nicely spiced loaves—one for eating and one for sharing. “I like to make it for family and friends,” she notes.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, beat the eggs, zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and
- raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for
- 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).