- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Loaves
Sort By :
"Made this today. Sad to say, I was disappointed. It was ok, just not great. I followed the recipe. without changes."
"I have been making this recipe throughout the zucchini season this year and it is a winner. I omit the raisins and add 1 cup chopped walnuts. You can also sub the chocolate chips for blueberries or another fruit and it is wonderful. I usually add more like 3 cups of zucchini as I had large zucchini. For the person with trouble with the loaves sticking in the pan, try spraying them with Pam spray with flour or grease and flour them. They pop right out!"
"This bread is so good and moist. But,I had a terrible time removing breads from the pans! I did what it said,greasing pans and waiting 10 minutes to cool before removing. Wonder if it is my pans....they are heavy weight aluminum. I always seem to have this problem...not just with this bread. I have used parchment paper in the pans before,but not fond of doing that. Help!"
"This is remarkable. I had to use gluten free flours and it still came out moist and delicious. I didn't add the chocolate chips to this first loaf, but may try it with the 2nd. I did add the raisins. This bread will make Starbucks bakery go out of business. Excellent!!!!"
"This is a family favorite. I have been making this recipe for years. My daughter who does not like vegetables loves this for breafast"