Zucchini Chip Loaves Recipe
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Loaves(4)
Sort By :
Very moist and tastes wonderful! I left out the raisins; used 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1/2 cup oil; and substituted 1/2 whole wheat flour for the all-purpose.
I made this receipe minus the raisins and put in mini loaf pans for a cookie/candy exchange. It went over well. It was very moist and had a very good flavor with the added spices. I am definitely going to make it again, since I can't keep my husband away from the extra mini loaves.
This is delicious! It taste more like cake than bread. The chocolate chips and spices are perfect! This is the only recipe I use now. I omit the raisins though.
Very tasty, well spiced bread. Have been trying lots of recipes to find the perfect one. This ones a keeper.