Zucchini Chip Cupcakes Recipe
"My three girls love these moist, nut-topped cupcakes even without frosting," remarks Debra Forshee from Stockton, Kansas. "They're a great way to use up zucchini, and they freeze well for a quick snack."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with pecans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC