- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with pecans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Cupcakes
"These were great! I added an additional teaspoon of cinnamon. Topped with mini chocolate chips instead of nuts. They were moist & sweet enough with the extra chocolate chips. Best zucchini recipe I have tried yet!"
"Since I didn't have cup cake tins, I made this into a cake."
"They turn out moist if you leave a bit of moisture in the zucchini before adding to the batter. Left some without nuts and added a few chocolate chips to the top instead. Both ways were great (especially for the non-nut people in my house)."
"An easy recipe to throw together that turns out tasting wonderful. A great way to use zucchini before it goes bad."
"Fantastic! I left out the nuts as my family doesn't care for them and they are great!"