- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and oil until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine milk and buttermilk. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to batter alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Chocolate Cake
"Delicious cake!! Definitely a keeper!"
"Excellent! Followed the recipe with no changes and it was a family hit. Definitely will make again."
"Very moist! I added chocolate frosting and my kids loved it!"
"I live at a high altitude, and this cake was still very moist. I made some substitutions, and it still turned out yummy. For the flour, I used about half regular flour and half whole wheat flour. Instead of butter I used unrefined coconut oil. I used some coconut sugar along with the white sugar. I'll make it again, for sure!"
"very moist. I goofed and put in a bit extra cocoa- but it was yummy. I really like th texture and flavor. Now I did go a bit over the top and turned mine into a Mud Cake by adding 1 1/2 mini mashmallows on top of the hot cake and putting back in the oven for acouple min, Then when cooled- made a chocolate sour cream icing (half batch)- but the cake is good on it';s own so next time will just stick with the cake"
"best zucchini recipe I have ever tried. My husband and friends say this is a keeper for sure!"
"This cake is so light and fluffy with the perfect amount of chocolate. Sooooo good!"
"Moist and delicious. Excellent recipe."
"Just made this cake yesteday and it was great. I did cheat and put on a cream cheese frosting. Ended up having cake for breakfast today, I liked it so much. I guess I'm not diet conscious."
"Best chocolate cake I ever tasted. So rich and moist. MY HUSBAND LOVED IT! I had to hide the fact that it had zucchini as an ingredient or he would not have even tried it. He had a piece for supper and said he would want another while watching the ballgame tonight."