- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and oil until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine milk and buttermilk. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to batter alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"Very moist! I added chocolate frosting and my kids loved it!"
"I live at a high altitude, and this cake was still very moist. I made some substitutions, and it still turned out yummy. For the flour, I used about half regular flour and half whole wheat flour. Instead of butter I used unrefined coconut oil. I used some coconut sugar along with the white sugar. I'll make it again, for sure!"
"very moist. I goofed and put in a bit extra cocoa- but it was yummy. I really like th texture and flavor. Now I did go a bit over the top and turned mine into a Mud Cake by adding 1 1/2 mini mashmallows on top of the hot cake and putting back in the oven for acouple min, Then when cooled- made a chocolate sour cream icing (half batch)- but the cake is good on it';s own so next time will just stick with the cake"
"best zucchini recipe I have ever tried. My husband and friends say this is a keeper for sure!"
"This cake is so light and fluffy with the perfect amount of chocolate. Sooooo good!"