- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, applesauce, oil, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Chip Bread
"Moist and flavorful. I used less sugar and baked in muffin pans. They turned out great. Friends and family loved them. Thanks for sharing."
"It was fantastic. My son said it's as awesome as a rock monster, and no, I have no idea how awesome they are for comparison."
"I used 2 c white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour, and reduced the sugar to 1 cup. I squeezed the juice of the orange into the batter as well. I baked as muffins instead of loafs. The kids loved them!"
"I have made this several times! It is so easy and delicious!"
"What a great way to use the garden zucchini this season. This bread is adored by all. I omitted the nuts the second time I made it. Great with or without!"