Zucchini Cheese Bread
This recipe came about when I was trying to make a zucchini bread that didn't call for sugar. I use slices of this attractive bread when making sandwiches.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, cheese and onion.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for
- 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 219 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.