Zucchini Cheese Bread Recipe
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, cheese and onion.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Zucchini Cheese Bread(1)
Sort By :
This is a dense bread that is terrific the next day toasted (in a toaster oven). We liked it plain. It also makes a nice side with turkey if you don't want to do the mashed potato or stuffing thing. Note: when you first stir everything together, the "batter" is going to be crumbly. This is because your zucchini adds the extra moisture needed to achieve a dough-like stage, sort of the same consistency you'd expect when making a meatloaf.