Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits
My husband grows a big garden, and our squash crop always seems to multiply! We give squash to everyone but still have plenty left over for making jelly, relish, pickles, breads, cakes and brownies.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion; saute until tender. In a
- large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion
- mixture. In another bowl. whisk eggs and milk. Stir into biscuit
- mixture just until combined. Fold in zucchini and cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 biscuits.