Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits
My husband grows a big garden, and our squash crop always seems to multiply! We give squash to everyone but still have plenty left over for making jelly, relish, pickles, breads, cakes and brownies. — Jean Moore, Pliny, West Virginia
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion; saute until tender. In a
- large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion
- mixture. In another bowl. whisk eggs and milk. Stir into biscuit
- mixture just until combined. Fold in zucchini and cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 biscuits.