My husband grows a big garden, and our squash crop always seems to multiply! We give squash to everyone but still have plenty left over for making jelly, relish, pickles, breads, cakes and brownies. — Jean Moore, Pliny, West Virginia
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion; saute until tender. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture. In another bowl. whisk eggs and milk. Stir into biscuit mixture just until combined. Fold in zucchini and cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Originally published as Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits in Country Extra September 2007, p51
Reviews for Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review