Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- 3 whole chicken breasts, precooked, chopped in chunks (3/4-inch) or 4 cups chopped leftover chicken or turkey
- 6 cups diced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Combine zucchini and onion in medium saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool. Combine carrots, soup, sour cream and garlic powder in large bowl. Add zucchini/onion and chicken; mix.
- 2. Spread in greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. For topping, melt butter in skillet, add bread stuffing and seasoning packet and toss well. Sprinkle over casserole. Top with cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Zucchini Casserole
"Made this last night! It was excellent!!"
"This recipe is delicious. The family loved it. I added 1 cup of cubed cooked ham in addition to the chicken - was very good."
"Can you substitute plain yoghurt for the sour cream? Or soy yoghurt?"