Zucchini Casserole Recipe
Whenever I take this casserole to a potluck or serve it to guests, I get requests for the recipe. It was created by my friend Pat in Kansas City, Missouri, where my husband, Gene, and I lived until 1-1/2 years ago. Our two grown sons still live there. My sister-in-law gave me a gift subscription to CW last Christmas, and I saw the announcement for the zucchini recipe contest—in my very first issue. What a surprise to win!
- 3 whole chicken breasts, precooked, chopped in chunks (3/4-inch) or 4 cups chopped leftover chicken or turkey
- 6 cups diced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Combine zucchini and onion in medium saucepan, add water to cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; drain and cool. Combine carrots, soup, sour cream and garlic powder in large bowl. Add zucchini/onion and chicken; mix.
- 2. Spread in greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. For topping, melt butter in skillet, add bread stuffing and seasoning packet and toss well. Sprinkle over casserole. Top with cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Casserole
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2012
"Made this last night! It was excellent!!"
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"This recipe is delicious. The family loved it. I added 1 cup of cubed cooked ham in addition to the chicken - was very good."
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2009
"Can you substitute plain yoghurt for the sour cream? Or soy yoghurt?"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC