Zucchini Carrrot Couscous Recipe
Our test kitchen home economists developed the recipe for this colorful side dish. Sauteed vegetables add texture and crunch to the quick-cooking couscous.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the carrot and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and green onion; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fluff couscous with a fork; add vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 249 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC