- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 18 standard size muffins.
Reviews forZucchini Carrot Muffins
"I just now made these and they were fabulous! Thank you!"
"My three year old grandson loves these muffins...and so does grandpa! It's a delicious recipe to "sneak" in some veggies!"
"Great recipe! A Keeper! The only changes I might make are to grate the apple and use toasted walnuts instead of the almonds. Will make this again and again!"
"I left out the coconut for my husband but otherwise followed the recipe and found the taste to be a little off. I can't put my finger on it - almost as if they're dry, but they're still very moist. We like them with a little butter and jelly on top but I can't say that I love them. I would try them again, maybe adding more orange zest or some juice and perhaps less cinnamon."
"5 stars bc this recipe is amenable I have made it as is and it was great and following the basic recipe substituted to be egg free and whole grain, added rasins etc and every time it's borderline sinfully good!"
"AMAZING! You won't believe the taste and flavour and you'll never make another muffin! I have to admit I am into a high end of healthy diet and baking. And I often find I cut things down like sugar and oils and I never have a failed recipe. So it tells me they don't need as much. I also use basically all gluten free.So my alterations are as follows:- Sugar is only 1 cup used organic cane.- Oil is only 1/2 cup- I used no coconut flakes at all as I'm anti coconut (blood type diet) and I replaced it with nothing.- I used 100% whole grain Einkorn flour to stay clear from hyberdized wheat.- I'm sure my apple was more and carrot was a wee bit less. Didn't matter.- vanilla was 1 tablespoon. Tsp is always too little. Lol lolAnd of course using a non hyberdized wheat flour whole grain I had to fill the cups to the top rather than 2/3 full and I got a nice dome.I'm telling you the Orange zest is a MUST. Don't even bother making them without it. (It's about two navel oranges needed)ENJOY!!"
"I made these without coconut and almond. Substituted orange juice soaked raisins for the apples. Totally awesome, moist, not overly sweet. I'm keeping this recipe!"
"Perfect recipe. Sooooo tasty! I made 12 large muffins."
"This recipe sounds delicious! I'm striving to eat clean and will make some adjustments to achieve this. I will replace the AP flour with half whole wheat & half oats, ground to a flour. I will use honey as the sweetener.(using about 1/2 C.). Use 2 eggs. Then I will use coconut oil,reducing to 1/2 C.. Can't wait to try it!"