Zucchini Carrot Muffins
In Anchorage, Alaska, Anita Sterrett uses carrot cake mix to stir up these moist muffins chock-full of zucchini, nuts and raisins. "They make great snacks and are wonderful for dessert when spread with cream cheese frosting," she notes.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, applesauce, oil and egg for 30
- seconds; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2
- minutes. Stir in the zucchini, raisins and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Yield: about 16 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.