Meet the Cook: No matter when I make these muffins - for breakfast, or for lunch to serve with a bowl of soup or salad - my husband devours them! He's retired from the Air Force, and we have four grown children. Gardening's my top hobby. -Loretta Baline, South Burlington, Vermont
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 18 standard size muffins.
Originally published as Zucchini Carrot Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p29
Reviews for Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review