Zucchini Carrot Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 18 standard size muffins.
Reviews for Zucchini Carrot Muffins
Sort By :
I added 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed. I only had 1 cup of shredded carrots, about 1/3 cup toasted coconut, omitted the nuts and used a little orange extract since I didn't have an orange to zest. They were still delicious. I will definitely make them again.
Sooo moist! I didn't shred the carrots and zucchini I grated them. I also added the juice from the orange and walnuts instead of almonds. Absolutely yummy.
I left out the almonds for the kids and subbed 1/4 cup applesauce for part of the oil...they are WONDERFUL!! The kids are begging for more!
These end up being super moist. SO delicious and also healthy. I substituted some applesauce for the oil and they were perfect!
Thanks for sharing a great healthy muffin recipe totally from scratch with nutritional punch-- imho muffins weren't meant to be junk food