- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whole or chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar until frothy. Gradually beat in oil. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat 4 minutes. Stir in carrots, zucchini and nuts. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until sugar is dissolved. Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake. Garnish with whole or chopped nuts if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Carrot Cake
"My 9 year old daughter and I have made this cake about 4-5 times. All our family members request this for their birthday. I love the "spice" flavor that it has! It has so much flavor and so moist!"
"I made this cake for my mother/father-in-law's 75th Wedding Anniversary party. I baked it in a 12"x17" pan, omitting the nuts but adding raisins. I frosted it with the Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting, (I've made the frosting recipe many times). It was very delicious and there were lots of compliments. I loved the moist cake and I tried telling everyone it was healthy with all of the carrots and zucchini, LOL! This cake earned a place in my permanent recipe box."
"Wow! Delicious cake! Very flavorful and love the icing.. Will definitely be making again."
"Very delicious cake! I only have 2, 8" round pans. I hesitated baking it at the same temp, but followed the directions and cooked it just a hair longer. It turned out perfect and tasted fabulous. I'll be keeping the cream cheese frosting recipe on hand too! Perfect!"
"Excellent very moist, and light weight. I substitued the nuts with raisins and used a 9x13 pan [bake for 1 hour]. One recipe of frosting is more than enough to ice cake. Yummy"
"This is the most delicious zucchini cake EVER! So moist and flavorful that it tops my desert list."
"Y.U.M. Made it just the way it is written (included pecans) except baked it in 2 10" round pans. Huge hit with everyone in the family."
"i just made this cake the other day and my family loves it! i will definitely make it again. i did make some substitutions to it, though. i used a multigrain baking mix instead of flour (the same 2 1/2 cups) and instead of oil i used applesauce (the same 1 1/3 cups). i feel that this added a healthier touch, and still kept the cake moist and delicious! my toddler (not even quite two years old) loves it! i made a single layer cake, and with the rest of the batter i made muffins. i wish i could give this recipe more stars!"
"Anxious to try this recipe - have not made it yet."
"Excellent cake! Very tasty."