Zucchini Carrot Cake Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook and made some changes to it. My husband likes to have it for his birthday cake. We live with my husband's family on a 27,000-acre ranch in the mountains and raise cattle, grain and hay.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whole or chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish, optional
- 1. In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar until frothy. Gradually beat in oil. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat 4 minutes. Stir in carrots, zucchini and nuts. Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- 2. For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until sugar is dissolved. Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake. Garnish with whole or chopped nuts if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 749 calories, 41 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Zucchini Carrot Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC