If you like crab cakes, try this unusual version made from zucchini. "Maryland is famous for its crab cakes, but this recipe can sure fool you," says Pat Tillman of Pylesville, Maryland. They're easy and economical, too, at 41 cents each.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers (about 13 crackers)
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, egg, onion, butter,
- mustard and seafood seasoning; mix well. Shape into five patties.
- Dip in cracker crumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties for
- 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: 5 patties.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.