- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, egg, onion, butter, mustard and seafood seasoning; mix well. Shape into five patties. Dip in cracker crumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 5 patties.
Reviews for Zucchini Cakes
Sort By :
"I love this recipe, this is my go to for zucchini cakes. But I recommend putting zucchini in strainer, sprinkle with salt, toss, let sit 10 minutes then squeeze out excess water. Otherwise the mixture will be overly moist."
"Made last night and it was a HIT!! Making more for lunch todaywith some BBQ. Excellant way way to use that extra zucchini. Will shred lots of zucchini and put in the freezer for when the snow blows. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!"
"I made these for lunch today and my husband and sons really liked them. After shredding the zucchini, I squeezed the liquid out of it and then patted it dry with paper towel before mixing it into the egg mixture. They fried up really nice and held together. I also made a dipping sauce using miracle whip, relish, mustard and seafood seasoning. It was delicious. Thanks for the ideas on how to use your zucchini when you have too much!"
"I love this recipe,iadd 1 tbsp fine chopped sweet red peppers,and i pat the zucchini dry before i combine"
"These cakes were good, but too wet. I had to add extra bread crumbs in order to form a patty. Will make again but with an adjustment for bread crumbs."