If you like crab cakes, try this unusual version made from zucchini. "Maryland is famous for its crab cakes, but this recipe can sure fool you," says Pat Tillman of Pylesville, Maryland. They're easy and economical, too, at 41 cents each.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, bread crumbs, egg, onion, butter, mustard and seafood seasoning; mix well. Shape into five patties. Dip in cracker crumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 5 patties.
Originally published as Zucchini Cakes in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p35
Reviews for Zucchini Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review