Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake and cut into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: about 24 servings.
1 slice: 254 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
"Cake was very tasty, it took longer than the 25 min. that was suggested to bake."
"This is a very moist and yummy cake."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.