- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cake and cut into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: about 24 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
Cake was very tasty, it took longer than the 25 min. that was suggested to bake.
This is a very moist and yummy cake.