Zucchini Brunch Pie Recipe
After visiting our parents in the country one time, we came home laden with boxes of fresh vegetables. I shared them with a neighbor, who in turn shared this recipe with me. It has become one of our favorites—both to look at and to taste.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. In a skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in eggs, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. Separate the crescent rolls and press into a greased 10-in. pie plate to form a crust. Brush crust with mustard. Spoon zucchini mixture into crust. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cover loosely with foil to prevent excess browning. Bake another 10 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 277 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC