Zucchini Brunch Pie Recipe
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Stir in eggs, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. Separate the crescent rolls and press into a greased 10-in. pie plate to form a crust. Brush crust with mustard. Spoon zucchini mixture into crust. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cover loosely with foil to prevent excess browning. Bake another 10 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Brunch Pie
Sort By :
Zucchini is in season and this pie is delicious!
This is very tasty. They now sell crescent rolls in a "sheet" form now. Much easier to use for this type of dish, rather than working with individual pieces of dough. I made 2 of these for work and they were gone in minutes.
Very tasty but I have to point out that the time is WAY off. A total of 20 minutes? Mine wasn't near done. It took 45 minutes. Was this a typo? I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.
I have made this for many years and it is one of my most requested recipes. People who dislike zucchini like this pie.
This is an excellent recipe. Folks who do not like zucchini like it in this recipe. It's easy to make and sure to get compliments.