Zucchini Brownies Recipe
A fast-to-fix peanut butter and chocolate frosting tops these moist brownies that are a sweet way to use up your green garden squash. “We really like the cake-like texture of these brownies,” writes Allyson Wilkins of Amherst, New Hampshire.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:15-18 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 307 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC