Zucchini Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Brownies
Sort By :
"I've made these several times. More like a snack cake that a brownie, but delicious!"
"Really great light chocolate taste. Used glaze instead of peanut butter and chocolate chips."
"Good if you want a nice chocolate CAKE. You don't taste the zucchini at all. But not great if you're craving brownies.~ Theresa"
"Sounds weird, but turned out very well. They were very moist and you couldn't even tell there was zucchini in it. The frosting was delicious!"
"This is very much more of a snack cake than a brownie. Be sure not to cook them too long as they will dry out (i.e., glass pan). Also, the frosting is a must to make and it completes the brownie."