- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Spread over warm brownies. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zucchini Brownies
Sort By :
"I was expecting Brownies and I got cake. I found an after taste of 'soda'. In general it was OK but I have had better cake made with zucchini. I won't be making this again."
"I've made these several times. More like a snack cake that a brownie, but delicious!"
"Really great light chocolate taste. Used glaze instead of peanut butter and chocolate chips."
"Good if you want a nice chocolate CAKE. You don't taste the zucchini at all. But not great if you're craving brownies.~ Theresa"