Zucchini Bread Recipe
My zucchini bread is filled with great cinnamon flavor. It makes two loaves—have one now and give the second one to a neighbor or freeze for later. —Britt-Marie Knoblock, Lisle, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine orange juice, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; mix well. Add orange juice mixture; stir until just combined. Fold in zucchini and pecans.
- 2. Pour into two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 214 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC