My zucchini bread is filled with great cinnamon flavor. It makes two loaves—have one now and give the second one to a neighbor or freeze for later. —Britt-Marie Knoblock, Lisle, Illinois
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine orange juice, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; mix well. Add orange juice mixture; stir until just combined. Fold in zucchini and pecans.
- Pour into two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Zucchini Bread in Country Woman September/October 2002, p37
Reviews for Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review