Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine orange juice, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; mix well. Add orange juice mixture; stir until just combined. Fold in zucchini and pecans.
- Pour into two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Zucchini Bread(15)
Sort By :
What do you mean by fold zucchini and pecans?
This recipe came into my email box just in time as my sister gave me two huge zucchini. Shredded most and put in freezer in bags but used some to make this bread. I put a little extra cinnamon as I love the taste. Made half batter into loaf and made muffins with the rest. Gave some to elderly neighbors warm oiut of oven and they called saying they loved them. We liked them as well. My concern is the same as another reviewer noted - I question this being 'diabetic friendly'. Will make again. I left out the nuts when I made it.
So irritated this was listed as diabetic friendly. Seriously? 2 cups sugar plus orange juice and whole eggs? Diabetics, go to an actual source for diabetic friendly recipes. Taste of Home, very disappointed I love your magazine and on-line recipes, but the nutritional info clearly must be wrong!
Thank you for this recioe I like that I can use the zucchini and the otanges bfrom my tree. By the way why bdo people look at all the sugar in the recioe etc. and say it is not diabetic freindly. You are supposed to only eat one slice. The sign in my endocrinologists's office says all foods are diabetic friendly, only the servings aren't! Cut the loaf into more slices RogerSwayze and bon appetit.