Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Finely chop pulp.
- 2. In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add 1/2 cup cheese, ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into the zucchini shells. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Boats
"Good stuff! I made four boats just like the recipe and four more using italian sausage, mozarella and roma tomato chunks instead of ketchup.Both good but I'm not a huge ketchup fan so the second one was better for me and like my meaty, not so juicy garden romas for this type of recipe.Hint: go easy or omit added salt with any recipe calling for cheese. You can always add more salt to taste when done!Going to make the second one again with my larger garden zucchini tomatoes. May sprinkle in a few black olives too."
"Loved this recipe! It's always a plus when I can get my meat and vegetable all together."
"This recipe is very good and it's easy. Husband loved it!"
"Please start adding calorie and nutrient numbers. Look delicious, but I have trying to figure out the calories, so I look for a recipe that has them."
"Made this recipe tonight and we loved it! Will definitely make it again."
"love that calorie count 0 wish that was true"
"Fantastic! We used Jimmy Dean regular sausage instead, which was a little extra kick. Yummy!"
"made this last night for supper ~ everyone enjoyed them ~ easy to make and yummy ~ will make them again"
"My family loves this recipe. We make it several times each summer. Even the grandkids love it."
"This recipe was fantastic! I used tomato sauce instead of ketchup and added a spalsh of green tabasco sauce along with the seasonings and served it with brown jasmine rice. The whole meal was so fresh and filling without being heavy. Will be a dish I make year-round for sure!"
"Love it! I added some Italian bread crumbs."
"I love zucchini and was certain I would love this recipe. My husband on the other hand was a bit skeptical. Much to my surprise he loved them and asked me to make them again. They're healthy, easy to make and delicious! What more could you ask for!"
"My family and i loved it!!!!"
"I love this recipe. And it's great with fresh zucchini from the garden."
"It was a big hit! My picky 5 yr old even ask if we could have it again the next night. It's a keeper!"
"Sounds good... I think I'll try this with Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese."