- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Finely chop pulp.
- In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add 1/2 cup cheese, ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into the zucchini shells. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Boats
"I made these last night and they were delicious. I used 1 cup of medium salsa instead of the ketchup which gave it a little extra flavor. I will definitely make these again. Oh, and anyone looking for the nutritional info, it is posted just below the recipe."
"This was good, but please is there any way to get the nutrition info? I ended up leaving out the mushrooms because my hubby doesn't like them and it turned out very good."
"The zucchini was undercooked even with an extra 10 minutes. It was bad enough that my son was dry-heaving and swearing he never wants to eat zucchini again. I wish I was making this up."
"Good stuff! I made four boats just like the recipe and four more using italian sausage, mozarella and roma tomato chunks instead of ketchup.Both good but I'm not a huge ketchup fan so the second one was better for me and like my meaty, not so juicy garden romas for this type of recipe.Hint: go easy or omit added salt with any recipe calling for cheese. You can always add more salt to taste when done!Going to make the second one again with my larger garden zucchini tomatoes. May sprinkle in a few black olives too."
"Loved this recipe! It's always a plus when I can get my meat and vegetable all together."
"This recipe is very good and it's easy. Husband loved it!"
"Please start adding calorie and nutrient numbers. Look delicious, but I have trying to figure out the calories, so I look for a recipe that has them."
"Made this recipe tonight and we loved it! Will definitely make it again."
"Fantastic! We used Jimmy Dean regular sausage instead, which was a little extra kick. Yummy!"
"made this last night for supper ~ everyone enjoyed them ~ easy to make and yummy ~ will make them again"