Zucchini Bisque Recipe
I like to serve this soup as a first course for special dinners. It is nice and light, pretty in color and very appetizing with its blend of flavors.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add zucchini and chicken broth. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes; add seasonings.
- 2. Puree on low in a blender. Return to pan; stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 4-5 servings (5 cups).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 318 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC