I like to serve this soup as a first course for special dinners. It is nice and light, pretty in color and very appetizing with its blend of flavors.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add zucchini and chicken
- broth. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes; add seasonings.
- Puree on low in a blender. Return to pan; stir in cream and heat
- through. Yield: 4-5 servings (5 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 318 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.