- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add zucchini and chicken broth. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes; add seasonings.
- Puree on low in a blender. Return to pan; stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 4-5 servings (5 cups).
Reviews for Zucchini Bisque
Sort By :
Full flavor, rich, easy to make. This is a great use for those zucchini that got too big in the garden before you noticed them!
Only made this recipe once, and it was SO delicious! Definately an elegant yet EASY dish to prepare! Great to serve as a first course to guests! Absolutely fantastic!
This was very good. I think it might be a good to freeze and a good way to save some zuchinni through the winter. I only used a very little bit of butter to saute the onions and I used fat-free half and half, so it can be very healthy.
I have made a recipe very similar to this and it was delicious, If debating whether or not to make it, do!