I like to serve this soup as a first course for special dinners. It is nice and light, pretty in color and very appetizing with its blend of flavors.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add zucchini and chicken broth. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes; add seasonings.
- Puree on low in a blender. Return to pan; stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 4-5 servings (5 cups).
Originally published as Zucchini Bisque in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p18
Reviews for Zucchini Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review