Zucchini Beef Soup Recipe
My garden produces a bumper crop of zucchini, and I hate to see even one go to waste. This satisfying soup is a simple solution. The broth is delicious.—Robert Keith, Rochester, Minnesota
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup broken uncooked spaghetti
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil; drain. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add zucchini and spaghetti; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until zucchini and spaghetti are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 155 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC