- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup broken uncooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil; drain. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion, salt, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add zucchini and spaghetti; return to a boil. Cover and cook for 15-18 minutes or until zucchini and spaghetti are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Zucchini Beef Soup in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p47
Reviews for Zucchini Beef Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review