Zucchini Beef Pizza Recipe
- 4 cups shredded peeled zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, rice, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs until well blended. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is set and lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, oregano and salt. Spoon over zucchini crust. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 412 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.