When zucchini is plentiful in late summer, I keep this recipe at the front of my card file. It's a wonderful way to take advantage of the season's bounty—and feed a crowd!—Lila McNamara, Dickinson, North Dakota
- 4 cups shredded peeled zucchini, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini, rice, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs until well blended. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is set and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, oregano and salt. Spoon over zucchini crust. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pizza in Country Ground Beef 1993, p65
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zucchini Beef Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review