- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and cooked
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, bay leaves, parsley and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange five noodles over sauce, cutting to fit. Spread with cottage cheese. Cover with five noodles, half of the meat sauce and the zucchini. Cover with five noodles and sour cream. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now