- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and cooked
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, bay leaves, parsley and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange five noodles over sauce, cutting to fit. Spread with cottage cheese. Cover with five noodles, half of the meat sauce and the zucchini. Cover with five noodles and sour cream. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Beef Lasagna in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p17
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Zucchini Beef Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review